- You can choose between native Outlook Search and Windows Desktop Search; Windows Desktop Search is no longer prevented from searching Outlook data.
- You can now access Windows Live Hotmail via the Microsoft Office Outlook Connector plug-in when the Google Apps Sync for Microsoft Outlook is installed
- Added an option to enable or disable auto-archiving during installation
- Improved installation to make it easier to know here data in other Outlook accounts is located
Click here to learn more ...

Allen,
ReplyDeleteI belong to a small group of users piloting Google Apps. Upon researching some syn solutions between Exchange and Google App, I learned of this Google Apps Sync too. However, I still could not confirm what I'm looking for, and I wonder if you can help answer my questions.
a) Will Google App Sync for Outlook 'dump' all my existing emails into Google App Gmail, and
b) Forward all future incoming emails over to Google GMail for as long as I have Outlook up and running?
Currently, my situation is that my corporation is NOT pointing my existing email address to Google App. Instead, it remains pointed to Exchange. The idea of piloting Apps is mainly for Docs and Sites. But I want to use the Gmail piece of it. Without any tool to redirect my emails to GMails, it makes it really difficult to use the GMail tool in Apps.
Therefore, I'm looking for a solution. Can you help?
Thanks.
Anthony,
ReplyDeleteGoogle Apps Sync for MS Outlook will copy all of your active emails, calendar entries, and contacts to Google Apps. The migration is non-destructive. You can also use the tool to migrate email currently saved in local PST files.
The tool does NOT sync future messages sent to your Exchange email account.
Given that you company is piloting Google Apps, there are a few options. First, your network or email administrator can setup dual delivery which will keep you exchange inbox but co-delivery email to Google Apps. Or, you can setup forwarding locally by rule. In either case, the Gmail service will need to be active in Google Apps for the domain.
There is a process to do this. Feel free to contact, or have your email administrators contact, us directly for assistance.
Regards,
Allen